[ODE] Some question

Marco Bancale F104 at softhome.net
Fri Feb 7 10:28:02 2003

Hi!

I need help about some question:

1) After searching in the ODE manual with no result, I implemented my
own "friction against fluid". Sorry, I don't know the exact english
name for this kind of friction.
I used a simple formula: I add a relative force to the body every
world step with dBodyAddRelForce(...). The length of the force vector
is constant and arbitrary (I made some experiment and now it's fine).
The direction of this force is exactly opposite to the body's velocity.
Question: is there another way to do it with ODE?

2) Monitoring linear velocities of my bodies with dBodyGetLinearVel()
I see that when a collision occurs (bouncing) the velocity has some
weird values. Only for the step the collision occurs.
My normal values are between 1.6 and 2.3 and weird ones are
5374628495.32 and something like that!
Why? Am I wrong?

Thank you!

	Bye Bye