[ODE] Ragdoll + Trimesh

Nicholas Francis nicholas at uti.is
Sat Dec 27 22:38:21 MST 2003

Basically, you don't want to make ODE look at your ragdoll as a
trimesh. This is for 2 reasons:

1) trimesh collision is slow(er) compared to primitive tests
2) ODE cannot handle collision response from TRI-TRI collisions.

The trick, then, is to build the ODE part of the ragdoll from primitves
- sphere for head, cylinder for arms, box(es) for the torso, and then
use the trimesh for the level.

It makes a lot of sense to use trimesh for level collision geometry.
For terrain, there's a terrain collider in the contrib directory. I've
never used this, so somebody else must educate you on its merits ;-)

cheers,
Nicholas Francis
-------
Scheduling fascist - Over The Edge Entertainments