[ODE] Contrib modules

Jani Laakso jani.laakso at itmill.com
Sat Dec 27 12:03:09 MST 2003

Can you tell me something more of the following ODE's contrib modules:

1. TerrainAndCone
Is there any reason why I should use Terrain module when there exists
TriMesh implementation?

2. dCylinder
I assume this will be added later into ODE's core after more important
things are resolved from ODE?

3. GeomTransformGroup
How does ODE's "Geometry Transform class" relate to this?

4. dRay
Is this already added to ODE CVS? If not, how does this differ from Ray
class?

5. BreakableJoints
Does this work with latest CVS head? There exists diffs but which ODE
version conforms to these files?
I hope the author (Roel van Dijk) writes back to my email and tells me
it's status.

Is anyone using any of these modules or does anyone know are they usable
or not, or are they even deprecated against latest ODE? All comments are
welcome.

Best Regards, Jani Laakso

--
Jani Laakso / IT Mill Ltd | Tel. +358 40 5898086 | http://www.itmill.com