[ODE] The floor!

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Sun Dec 14 12:30:06 MST 2003

Adam D. Moss wrote:

> Harlan Crystal wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to remove the floor in ODE/drawstuff?  I have yet
>> to see a demo without it.
>
> Yes, just don't create one.  Seek and destroy the dCreatePlane()
> that makes the floor.

No, IIRC ODE doesn't display the planes that the user creates, so
removing dCreatePlane() won't remove the ground graphics.  And moving
the plane or changing its orientation won't change the graphics either,
they'll just be out of synch.

Instead, you have to hack DrawStuff.  It's not hard, although I don't
know which line it is off the top of my head.  Maybe grep the source for
"sky," I think it's near where the sky is drawn.

- Martin