[ODE]StepFast - what am I doin wrong ?

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon Dec 8 10:29:10 MST 2003

Lukas Henschke wrote:
> thanks to the answers from this list I managed to make my race-game
> framerate-independent. When I added two more cars the dynamics
> callculation lasted too long and caused me to give the step-fast
> integrator a try. There seems to be something than I am doing wrong with
> it, because the step-fast integrator calculates ten times slower than
> the normal integrator.
>         dWorldStepFast1(world, stepsize, 20);

20 microsteps is pretty extreme for your case, I think.  Try
as few as 1-4.

Also, stepfast isn't automatically faster, in absolute
terms.  It simple scales better than the default solution.
If you don't have many [contact]joints in a given frame,
it's not necessarily going to be a win.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3