[ODE] Trimesh Temporal Coherence Patches

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Sun Dec 7 10:32:53 MST 2003

Vadim Macagon wrote:
> This set of patches just adds:
>
> void dGeomTriMeshEnableTC(dGeomID g, int geomClass, int enable);
> int dGeomTriMeshIsTCEnabled(dGeomID g, int geomClass);
>
> These functions can be used to enable/disable the use of temporal coherence
> during tri-mesh collision checks. Temporal coherence can be enabled/disabled
> per tri-mesh instance/geom class pair, currently it works for spheres and
> boxes.

Thanks, I'm all poised to commit this.

But first, could you tell me why we would want an API function to
enable/disable temporal coherence on a per-object basis?  Under
what conditions is this useful and what are the appreciable benefits
in using this function wisely?  This'll both help me to understand
the justification for the patch and write a more-useful documentation
entry for the new API functions.

Thanks,
--Adam
--