[ODE] Rigid Body Dynamics Dissertation

Roel van Dijk R.vanDijk at rad.umcn.nl
Wed Dec 3 13:15:35 MST 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 10:59, Adam D. Moss wrote:
> That's interesting.  I'm also using StepFast and I can rarely stack
> 15 regular cubes squarely atop each other without them slowly oozing
> into wonkiness and falling over within about ten seconds.  Could
> you share what parameters you used for stacking hundreds of boxes
> (friction, etc), what mass they had, length of timestep, number
> of iterations, etc?
I'm sorry, I left out the most importand bit :). All the cubes where disabled
and then I shot a ball through the top of the stack and everything came
tumbling down (at a decent framerate). I didn't mean that I had a stable
'wall' of cubes. Sorry if I gave that impression.
I first tried to build stable walls and towers but never succeeded. Faking it
goes pretty well, except that when something touches the wall even a little
everything falls down. For a game you could use on big box for the wall and
then when it is hit hard enough replace the big box with a lot of smaller
ones.

Roel