[ODE] Hinge2 won't connect

Bodo Pfeifer Bodo Pfeifer <bodo.pfeifer at fakt-software.de>
Thu Aug 28 01:23:01 2003

Hi all,

I'm just playing around with the ODE a bit to create some own
buggy-style app :)

The problem is if I connect my wheels to the car's chassis they
simply don't stay connected at the anchor.

If I push the chassis along the z-Axis (inside the monitor (DX)),
the chassis starts moving, but the wheels stay at their positions.

This is only for testing purposes:
- I know there are a lot of joint params to set
- I know, to make the car moving I have to turn the wheels, not to
push the chassis

.. but as long as the wheels doesn't stay connected(or at least try to),
I'm not able to do any further senseful programming

what I do:

m_pJointWheel[i] = new dHinge2Joint(*m_pWorld, 0);
m_pJointWheel[i]->attach(m_bodyWheel[i], m_bodyChassis);
m_pJointWheel[i]->setAnchor(vWheelPos.x, vWheelPos.y, vWheelPos.z);
m_pJointWheel[i]->setAxis1(0, 1, 0);
m_pJointWheel[i]->setAxis2(1, 0, 0);

I searched the web for similar problems, but the solutions there don't
work for my problem.

If I use a Hinge or Ball joint instead, everything works fine, but I
don't have a suspension then *g*

Anyone who experienced this before, too ?

Thanks in advance,
Bodo