[ODE] Editors

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Aug 25 21:57:01 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Cameron Bonde wrote:

> Howdy again, apart from juice is there any ode editors/authoring tools?
> Be cool for it to spit out c++ :)
> Is juice going to be updated with more joints/parameters?

The next things I'll be doing with Juice will be in the areas of control
systems (making it easier to 'plug in' custom control systems) and genetic
algorithms for control system optimization.  I don't intend to add any
more joints.

If you want to get C++ out of Juice you might consider writing something
that reads Juice's XML files and writes out C++.  Chances are, your own
application will have its own classes that wrap the ODE data types, so
you'd want your own custom code generator anyhow.

Or better yet, have your XML reader just create your objects in memory at
run-time.  I suspect that would be more maintainable than a code
generator.  Let me know if you want help with the file format, there's a
web page that describes it but I'll be glad to answer questions about
anything that isn't clear in the docs.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA