[ODE] Extracting terrain data from Demeter

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Fri Aug 15 01:03:01 2003

Hi,

I decided to try to build a simple little application based on Demeter/OSG
for the graphics and ODE for the physics. When thinking about how
to extract the raw terrain data from Demeter for use in ODE I stumbled
over this from the Demeter forums:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=799326&forum_id=87230

It refers to an example of how to extract Demeter terrain data, but
unfortunately gives no hint as to where that example can be found. I'd
rather avoid downloading the whole archive if someone happens to know
which month/year/thread to look for.

Also, if someone has experience with this and think it is a stupid idea or
combination of tools to use, please let me know that before I invest a lot
of time in something that will fail. :)

Regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
          "Yes, bugger all that." said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters