[ODE] Ragdoll characters with ODE

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Aug 7 20:08:02 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Ivan Bolcina wrote:

> How stable are ragdolls? Do you think you could teach them to walk
> that way also. I mean, command them some isolated action, lets say,
> rise right leg, and the AI would keep the rest of body in balance.

This is the problem that got me interested in ODE, and I'm sure that's
true for many other people here as well.  It is a challenging problem, one
that many people are working on solving in many different ways in research
projects around the world.  When someone posts a video of a creature
walking in an ODE universe, we all cheer. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA