[ODE] pyODE Question

Jason Asbahr jason at asbahr.com
Tue Aug 5 19:28:01 2003

ODE-ers,

I'm looking to contact Matthias Baas, the author of the pyODE wrapper.
Other folks using his toolkit may also be able to address the issue I'm
seeing, so I'll attach it below.

Jason

PS -- ODE rocks.  : )

---

Greetings!

I'm experimenting with your pyODE and cgkit modules.  They are very
cool, thanks for making and sharing them!  Creating and exposing the
vector, matrix, and quaternion classes in cgtypes via pyrex is very
clever.

pyODE is awesome and it makes ODE easy for me to use.   That is, it
did, before I tried re-compiling it today.

Not sure what I did differently, but the first install I did (python
setup.py install) created the ode.so library and placed in in
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/, and that imported and ran just fine,
but today's compilation has created an ode.so which gives the
"undefined symbol: __pure_virtual" error I saw mentioned in the ode
list archives.

The archive appears to suggest that compiling with g++ is the needed
fix, but manually executing 'g++ -shared
build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/ode.so -L../ode/lib -lode -o
build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/ode.so' is not doing the trick.

I'm running Debian unstable, python2.2, and gcc 3.3.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jason