[ODE] Tank simulation how?

Csáki Péter PCsaki at grepton.hu
Mon Aug 4 23:59:01 2003

Thanks but those tips I cannot use. I tried increasing the wheel size but still no luck and I can't change the frictions becouse then the tank would slide. Also can't change the power of the wheels becouse then the wehicle would go from 1 to 100 in less than a second and would climb any wall.
Thanks for the tips though. :)
Csakip

	On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, [iso-8859-2] Csáki Péter wrote:

	> I'm using ode for my vehicle physics but now I need help from you. I
	> was thinking that a series of wheels would produce the needed effect
	> (they are not rendered in 3d). I wanted to set the wheel's speed
	> differently for both sides. For example the left wheels rotate forward
	> and the right wheels rotate backward. I thought it would rotate the
	> vehicle. But it is not working as I expected.

	I have created 6-wheel vehicles that work this way.  Do the wheels turn at
	all when you try to steer the vehicle?  If not, try turning up the FMax on
	the axles, or try turning down the friction between the wheel and
	ground.  If they are spinning, but the vehicle is not steering, try
	increasing the ground friction.

	If you have 6 wheels, try making the middle wheels slightly larger than
	the wheels at the front and back.  This would probably help with 8-wheeled
	vehicles too (increase the diameter of the 4 wheels in the middle) but I
	haven't tried it.

	--

	Nate Waddoups
	Redmond WA USA