[ODE] Ragdoll characters with ODE

Henri Hakl henri at cs.sun.ac.za
Mon Aug 4 14:04:02 2003

How you described it is exactly how I did it (more or less)

I used rectangular prisms for all body parts, and hinge-joints for
elbow/knees and ball-socket joints for everything else.

One addition, though, is that all joints ALSO get an amotor (angular motor)
joint. This is allows all joints to be controlled, and have constraints
placed on them in a uniform manner. Works fine. :) My articulated system has
around 44 or so degrees of freedom, and the animations look remarkable
life-like. Pretty good all-in-all.