[ODE] Ragdoll characters with ODE

Thomas Grimes striiideerr at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:19:01 2003

I was wondering if anyone could either tell me or show me a link that talks
about how to setup a model, say a model using bones and all that like doom 3
does for example, using ODE to make this model have ragdoll like physics, as
seen in doom 3 and HL 2. I was thinking that maybe what you have to do is
for each limb and torso of the model (assuming it's a person or something
similar) assign a cyllinder which ODE knows about and assign a sphere where
the head is and connect all of these together with joints. Is this how this
is done or is there a better way? Thanks.