[ODE] ground reaction force

David Whittaker david at csworkbench.com
Mon Apr 28 16:31:02 2003

Ground Reaction force:  Let's see, I would say the best way to do this
would be, in your nearCallback, save a list of all the contacts that have
the ground as one of the geoms.  Then when you get finished with the
collision detection, set up feedback struct for each contact joint (see
section 7.2 of docs).  Run the step, and it will fill in the feedback
struct for each of the joints.

Same thing for the analog touch sensor, except check to see if either of
the geoms has a sensor "attached" to it.

As far as exact implementation goes, it would probably be easiest to set
up an object that includes values for whether the geom is part of the
ground, has a sensor attached, and a pointer to the sensor object, and set
that as the data parameter for each geom at the start
(dGeom[Set/Get]Data()).  Then you could put a feedback object in your
sensor class, and just send its address directly to dJointSetFeedback in
the collision code.

Hope that helps,
David