[ODE] Different behavior on different PCs (Try 2)

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 25 15:55:02 2003

What API are you rendering with?

One issue I came across with ODE is that D3D turns floating point exceptions
off (and uses single-precision floats), and that can cause problems.  In D3D
there is a flag to preserve the FPU state between calls:
D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE.

If that's not it, are you rendering at a fixed or variable timestep?  If
variable, this may be your problem - if your timesteps get too low, deep
penetrations will ocurr, causing a massive 'kickout' effect.
--
gl