[ODE] Different behavior on different PCs

Frederic Ferland fref at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 24 09:52:01 2003

There's probably a very logical reason for this, but I'm not sure what it
is.  In the program I wrote, a bunch of cubes and spheres fall in a pile on
the ground.  If I run the program on my work PC (Pentium 4 @ 1.8Ghz,
GeForce3 video card), everything works as expected (I developed the program
on that computer).  However, when I run the same program on my home PC
(Pentium 3 @ 1.0Ghz, GeForce2 video card), some cubes act like they're
rubber balls and bounce very high in the sky, while others act weird at
times (such as being still on the ground for a second or two and then
bouncing and flipping on another side.)

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?  I thought it might have
something to do with my frame rate, but I get 85 FPS on both systems.  Is
there something that can be done to prevent this so that I get the same
behavior on any system, no matter what the system specs are?

Thanks!