[ODE] Lot's of collisions crash ode

Nate W coding at natew.com
Tue Apr 22 12:26:02 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Roel van Dijk wrote:

> Now the problem occurs. The cubes will slowly slide into each other.
>
> I tried playing around with the collision parameters but nothing seems to fix
> the problem. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this.

Sounds to me like your ERP is too low or CFM is too large.  What values
are you using now?

Try ERP=1.0 and CFM=0.0001 and see what happens.  If you get oscillations,
increase the CFM to 0.001; if you don't, try a smaller CFM like 0.00001.
That's basically how I have tuned most systems I've created, that approach
has worked well for me so far.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA