[ODE] BSP and ODE's collision system

Mohammad Bilal prettyh8machine at mail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:30:02 2003

Ok naturally I never meant to say that ode has anything to do the way Im rendering..but..since I load a .bsp file into the memory, I have the geometry only binary space partitioned...but this is what Im gonna do and I want you to correct me since I am not too sure if this is the right way:

Im gonna create geometries for all the convex areas of the BSP geometry (in the same like while rendering you get to the current convex area and find all the convex areas visible from that point) and add them to a single geometry and then add that geometry to ode's collision space. Now if I add any other geometry (say, an entity) into this space, the collision will be done perfectly well.

I hope that this would do enough hierarchical geometry addition and would save ode from calculating collisions of one entity to the whole geometry (bsp world). Please comment.

Thanks,
Bilal