[ODE] Yup! I have that problem exactly - saving virtual creatures

Robert Leclerc leclerc at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Apr 14 23:33:01 2003

The differences are not THAT big, but it could be big enough to make a
difference. That is, since this kind of evolution is basically a gradient
climb, you could get stuck by having a genotype produce better fitness
than it is "really" going to give, and never do better than that. Thus all
subsequent genotypes will be converging on this one. I was running my
simulation and I think I was getting that kind of behvior.

I think we can rule out percision errors on saving being the problem since
if you just use the same NN values and reload the body (without exiting
the simulation) you still get differences each time.

Tomorrow I will try destroying all the space and world stuff and see how
that goes.

Best,
RDL