[ODE] Faking a wheel joint

Jeff Weber jeffreyweber at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:17:02 2003

A while back there was a post on faking a wheel joint to avoid the "bendy
wheel" problem.  And possibly increase performance.

I'm interested in trying this, but am not sure how to create the wheel
joint.

Basically what I need is the current hinge2 joint, but without the 2nd axle.
In other words, I need the ability to steer and I need the "suspension".
Then, i'll compute the friction forces myself and apply them.

My question is, how would I go about creating this new modified hinge joint.
Is it some type of combination of hinge and slider?

-jeff