[ODE] stepfast beta 2

David Whittaker david at csworkbench.com
Mon Apr 14 06:08:01 2003

I believe this fixed them:

1) changed to dWorldID
2) commented #define TIMING
3) switched back to LCP solver... sadly, this means there's a bug in my
factoring algorithm somewhere :(

The test_buggy still likes to drive itself around a bit, but I think I
know why: it only has 3 wheels.  The back two wheels exert twice as much
force to resolve their constraints as the front one, and somehow this
gives a net force backwards.  Without rolling friction, even the tiniest
of forces will start the buggy rolling.  There are two ways I can think of
to fix it, full 6 DOF contact joints, or give the test_buggy 4 wheels
(i.e. test_crash).

Either way, the 3 fixes at the top are in the zip now so you can download
it again.  Maybe I'll take a stab at implementing rolling friction
directly in a contact joint one day this week.... whether I'll make it
very far or not, I don't know.

David