[ODE] spaces have bounding boxes?

David Whittaker david at csworkbench.com
Sun Apr 13 11:09:01 2003

Well, I'm not anywhere near as familiar with the collision source as I am
with the physics source, but this is what I take that statement to mean.
A space's bounding box initially takes no space.  When an object is added
to the space or an object inside the space moves, the object's bounding
box is calculated.  If any side of that bounding box lies outside of the
space's bounding box (or if this is the first object added), the space's
bounding box is expanded to include that object.  So a space's bounding
box is completely determined by the objects in the space.  At least that's
what I assume, maybe I'll tackle the collision source someday.

David