[ODE] Tri-collider, again...

Bob Ives bobives at jazzfree.com
Fri Apr 11 02:56:01 2003

Its probably completely unrelated to your crash, but I´ve also just got the dTriList contribution working with our own app following
that post, and thought I´d comment one fix I made.

I had problems with a sphere passing through the intersection of 2 cubes sharing an edge, and generally with double sided polygons
( faces sharing vertices with opposing face normals ).  Here's a suggested way of filtering the bad contacts ..

in dTriList_Sphere.cpp, line 338, replace:

    Depth = dcMIN(Depth, dReal(dDOTD(Plane, PositionD) - Plane[3] + double(Radius)));

with

    dReal AltDepth = dReal(dDOTD(Plane, PositionD) - Plane[3] + double(Radius));
    if( AltDepth > Radius ){
        continue;
    }
    Depth = dcMIN( Depth, AltDepth );

Alternatively  I think you can get the same result by defining PLANECENTERCULL instead ( at the cost of slightly more conputation ).

Thanks a lot to those involved in providing this contribution, I have tri-colliding up and running well with really very little
work.
Bob