[ODE] Image Files

David Whittaker david at csworkbench.com
Thu Apr 10 19:27:01 2003

Each of the test programs that use drawstuff (i.e. all that have a visible
graphics window) expect to be run with a current directory of ode/test.
You can change this behavior by going into the main function at the bottom
of each test program, finding the line:

	fn.path_to_textures = "../../drawstuff/textures";

And filling in the full path to the drawstuff/textures folder.  I'm
assuming msvc is running the test programs from the root ode folder
instead of the test folder and that's what's causing the discrepancies, so
if there's a way to make msvc change directories before executing the
program, that would probably be the simpler choice.

Of course, in your own programs, you probably will either use your own
rendering library (drawstuff was never meant to be a complete rendering
engine, just more of a test bed), or at least have your own textures
folder, which you would set by the above parameter.

David