[ODE] 2d system

first@cove.org first at cove.org
Thu Apr 10 00:54:02 2003

Just wondering if anyone could give advice, or even hopefully assistance, on
upgrading the 2D system I have now to allow for simple joints. The engine I
have now is in java and is pretty much taken from Chris Hecker's 2D demos,
although ive added some features to it and made it more object-oriented.

It would be pretty easy to build simple 2D muscle-skeleton systems using
springs as the muscles and rigid bodies as the bones, if there were joints.
I have some applets on my site that show the state of the engine right now
(bodies, particles, flexing springs, but no joints) The last example there
is where my interest is, creating/evolving muscle skeleton 'creatures' to
solve a particular physical problem, like climbing stairs.

http://www.cove.org/rigidbody/

-Alec