[ODE] complex surfaces?

Barak barakko at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 16:29:01 2003

I noticed there aren't no built-in 2-d geoms, like
triangles, or squares. If I want, for example, to
build a 2 variables cosine-like ground, how should I
do that? building it with many boxes, calculating
center and orientation and positioning vertices at
right places making them match ... err, this does not
sound funny to me. (but maybe i'm missing something)
so there isn't any better way?

another thing: sometimes ODE behaves strangely to me,
for example I tried to compile the test_buggy.cpp: it
compiled fine. I wanted to increase the vehicle's
mass, so I changed #define MASS 1 to 10 or something
like this. I ended up with 4 compile errors and some
warnings. after 15 minutes messing around with code
lines I changed it back to 1 and it didn't work no
more. then I changed that constant again to 20 or so
without touching another single line .... and worked
again. O_o