[ODE] msvc dlls?

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Thu Oct 31 21:09:01 2002

Just a little note,

I updated my c# code to link against the latest ode and I noticed
something missing in the dll support.

Using msvc 7.0 I think that I have to have __dllexport... defined - but
none of the methods in objects.h have SHAREDLIBEXPORT as a prefix.

I suppose this isn't a problem under cygwin (I haven't checked) but it is
maybe something missing in the latest ode lib.

But I am a bit baffled about how I did it last time - I don't think I was
using cygwin...  maybe these define prefixes were removed?

Anyway...

Here's my copy - maybe it can be merged back in - or somebody can point
out to me a better way to force export of all methods in msdev?

http://p2pmap.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/p2pmap/src/ode/include/ode/objects.h?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Also I noticed that there's an include of alloca.h - msdev doesn't have
that.

And I do actually add one new method to the ode library - a self handling
collision callback so that I don't have to do callbacks in c#.  Of course
this can't really be generalized beyond specific users needs (such as
mine) because there's no good concept of material property intersections.

Otherwise I was able to pretty trivially build an ode.dll under msdev...

 - a