[ODE] GTA3 and Physics

Daniel Duhprey duhprey at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 09:59:01 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Aanand Narayanan.P.P wrote:

-->
-->Does anybody know which method (direct LCP, iterative LCP, penalty etc)
-->was used in the (vehicle) physics for GTA3?
-->Is it possible to achieve the same level of stability with ODE? I would
-->like to hear from other people who have used ODE for full fledged
-->physics simulations.

I'm one of the devs responsible for the ode plugin to crystal space.  I also
wrote a pinball simulator using that http://cs-pinball.sourceforge.net.  Its
not exactly full-fledged physics since the only real active object is the
ball, but the flipper and shooter are represented with joints and
forces/torques as are anything else in the game, but its really not on the
scale of GTA3

--
email: duhprey@tosos.com www: http://paradox.tosos.com/~duhprey icq: 129354442