[ODE] GTA3 and Physics

Aanand Narayanan.P.P aanand at milestoneindia.com
Wed Oct 30 04:45:02 2002

>> I would like to hear from other people who have used ODE for full
>> fledged physics simulations.

> What do you mean by "full fledged?"

	Like in GTA3 (or any other similar game). Not just for vehicles,
but for other objects in the world (lamp post, dust bins etc.). What I
am interested is in the stability and robustness of the system when
several simulations occur (several different active joints). I did read
about the posts on direct LCP and iterative LCP. So I wanted to know if
anybody knows about the physics in GTA3 and the stability of ODE itself
when used for such simulations (GTA3).

	Also can anyone point me to some literature on Dantzig algorithm
(used by LCP solver in ODE).

Cheers
AN

---