[ODE] Creating DLL of drawstuff

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Oct 28 14:17:02 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Bram Pellens wrote:

> I'm having some problems using ODE together with wxWindows
> (www.wxWindows.org).  Both the libraries drawstuff and wxWindows have
> references to the main function leading to linker errors when
> compiling my application.  I believe from earlier messages in the
> archives I have to create a DLL from the drawstuff sources, but i
> don't know how the build such a DLL Can someone please give me some
> explanation on creating the DLL.

If you have some sort of DLL building already, try opening
drawstuff/windows.cpp and just comment out the WinMain function at the
bottom of the file.

You might think of drawstuff as a trivial GUI for simple tests of ODE.
It's just there to make ODE objects visible in a very simple GUI.  If you
have wxWindows providing your GUI, you have no need for most of the code
in drawstuff.  You will probably find useful the functions for drawing
basic geometric objects like boxes and spheres, but not much else.  Those
functions can simply be pasted into a source file in your application.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA