[ODE] box-box collisions

Marta Pla i Castells Marta.Pla at uv.es
Fri Oct 25 04:03:02 2002

--=-zrWb3Q02w2KWfGx4vwjj

El vie, 25-10-2002 a las 12:10, Pierre Terdiman escribi=F3:
> Quick question :
>=20
> Is there a reason why the number of contacts for the box-box collision is
> limited to 3 ?

You only need 3 points to put a box over another box. The necesary
forces to implement, for example, a box leaved in a floor, are three.

Of course you can implement 4 or more contact points, but they are
redundant.

> What do I need to do in order to change that number ?
>=20
>=20
--=20

gpg pub  1024D/A2D21610 Marta Pla i Castells <Marta.Pla@uv.es>
Key fingerprint =3D 9578 8116 FC87 C4D2 1A5C  993F 86B4 52D2 A2D2 1610

Marta Pla i Castells (Marta.Pla@uv.es)
http://www.uv.es/~mplac

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:
Whenever you say something to them, they translate it into
their own language, and at once it is something entirely different

						Goethe.

--=-zrWb3Q02w2KWfGx4vwjj

--=-zrWb3Q02w2KWfGx4vwjj--