[ODE] Re: ODE/Blender

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Fri Oct 18 20:36:02 2002

> This physics subsystem in the real-time game engine is what I am
> working on, so that Blender real-time games can have dynamic objects
> controlled by ODE. (The previous Blender game physics were
> impulse-based.)

ah ... how are the dynamical properties of objects set in blender? i
have in mind something where you select two objects, add a joint at a
specific position, drag the low/high limits (some kind of draggable
widgets that surround the joint), pop up a dialog box for the
joint/body/surface properties, etc etc.

of course i should just try out your work in blender - but i have found
it (blender) even more difficult to use for the ininitiated than 3DSMax,
which is saying something.

russ.

--
Russell Smith