[ODE] box stacking instability

Eric Cha ericc at xenopi.com
Fri Oct 18 09:46:01 2002

Funny that you mention Arachi.  I know the founder (Kyong Sok Chang) -
he's an old friend of mine from college.  We went to Umich (go Blue!)
together (and actually got the same degree in Aerospace Engineering)  I
haven't talked to K.C. in quite a while, but did run into him at the GDC
2 years back when he had just started Arachi.

I believe K.C. did his graduate (PhD) work at Stanford on computer
physics simulation, and I believe founded the company based on his
research.  I haven't read over his research, but you might want to do a
search of academic papers using his name to see what you might come up
with.

I *would* drop K.C. a line, but as I said, I haven't talked to him in
quite a while, and to be honest, I would feel quite awkward asking him
about his technology when I have no interest in it whatsoever (because
we have our own solution which is working at a satisfactory level).

Eric

> > On a side note, the same professor mentioned the Arachi dynamics
> > engine(www.arachi.com).  It's commercial and exceedingly expensive
> > ($30,000) but he speaks very highly of it.  It would be
> interesting to
> > potentially adopt some of their techniques...
>
> hmmm ... the web site gives no clues about the techniques (or
> about anything, really). does anyone know what arachi is doing?
>
> russ.

---