[ODE] robotic simulation

amoravanszky@dplanet.ch amoravanszky at dplanet.ch
Thu Oct 17 02:14:02 2002

Nate W wrote:

> I have no such plans, but I do plan to document the file format to help
> anyone interested in writing a translator or importer.  I'm also looking
> at the Novodex file format as a possible replacement for the XML-based
> format that Juice uses now.

Nate,

just in case you are wondering, you are welcome to use our file format not
only for NovodeX related functionality, but also as a generic physics scene
description format also used in conjunction with ODE.  We at NovodeX think
the entire community, regardless of which physics SDK is used, would benefit
from a file format that is an open standard.  In particular we are open to file format extensions as required by Juice -- though of course we should debate
them first.

BTW: The file format description is available as part of the NovodeX Steel
SDK download here:
http://www.novodex.com/downloads/steel-personal.exe
Note that you don't have to buy the SDK to be able to read the documentation
or use the viewer/exporters.

--  Adam Moravanszky