[ODE] networking

pia dalusong ps_yumemi at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 00:44:02 2002

hello

first of all thanks for replying.
I'm not using a client/server type of connection.  I'm
using a peer to peer connection.  This means that I
only have one program and though it may act as a
server at times it doesn't. The movements of the a
robot is calculated by the local computer and it just
sends a message containing the speed and orientation
of the mobot to the other computers.  Any computer
sends a message to all the other computers connected
to the same simulation like a broadcast message.
I use ODE for practically everything even the
positioning.  and yes, all the geoms and bodies are
created properly.

although yes I do have problems concerning the lag.
and i'm still working on that.  any suggestions are
welcome. and all the robots exist in the same space
and world.

thanks

pia