[ODE] VStudioNet

Brad Friedman Brad at fie.us
Tue Oct 15 16:10:02 2002

Hello.  I just joined this list just now.  So if this has already been
gone over, please excuse my ignorance.

I grabbed the release of ODE 0.3 and went about trying to get it to load
in Visual Studio .net.  I found the project files in the contrib
directory of the web-based CVS useful.  However, I did encounter a
problem, and I did solve it.  It might be worth updating the project files.

When I changed the preprocessor directive from dDOUBLE to dSINGLE, it
stopped compiling correctly.  A little work brought me to a section of
code regarding HUGE_VAL and HUGE_VALF.  I then relized the project file
did not have a "MSVC" preprocessor directive and therefore was trying to
compile incorrectly.

I realize the VS projects were in the contrib directory for a reason.
 However, its probably worth updating them to have the "MSVC"
preprocessor directive by default.

Thanks.

-Brad Friedman