[ODE] timestep

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Oct 14 09:54:01 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, John Butterfield wrote:

> Is there any harm in using variable times for the worldstep?

I use variable timesteps in Juice, and it works fine.  The interval
between calls to dWorldStep depends on the time it took to call dWorldStep
and re-draw the scene.

Simple scenes get fast frame rates, complex structures with lots of joints
get lower frame rates, and really really complex situations get really low
frame rates and they start to act funny.  I'm not aware of a really
graceful way to handle running out of CPU power though. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA