Re[2]: [ODE] always diabled body

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed Oct 9 11:59:02 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, slipch wrote:

>  I want to  hook enabled body to some point and drag it during
>  simulation simply setting the point position.

I am doing something like that in my application.  I create a
"fixed" joint, and use it to attach the body to "the static
environment" (as Russ puts it in the documentation).

// code

m_TackJoint = dJointCreateFixed (m_pWorld->m_WorldID, 0);

if (m_TackJoint)
{
	dJointAttach (m_TackJoint, m_BodyID, null);
	dJointSetFixed (m_TackJoint);
}

As for moving things around, I'm not sure but I think you could try
dBodySetPosition followed by another call to dJointSetFixed... moving
things around in that way seems to me like it would destabilize the
simulation, but it's worth a try.

Or, don't create that "disabled" body at all... think about whatever other
body it will be connected to, and connect THAT body with a fixed joint,
and move that body around.  That might be a little bit simpler.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA