[ODE] coldet

Pierre Terdiman p.terdiman at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 5 00:33:02 2002

> have a look at this http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/~atzek/kamikaze.zip
> there are two kamikazeversions: one for coldet and one for opcode.
> if you look at the colldet (collisiondetection) times in the right top
> corner of the screen you see, that coldet is always faster.

Interesting. Difficult to tell if it's normal or not without more info
(especially since you modified ColDet to report all contacts). Maybe the
OBBs are just better in such cases. Could you mail me off-list a code
snippet showing the way you're using Opcode ? Maybe there's something weird
there. (I remember some people reporting the same conclusion : after a while
I found they were building the Opcode trees each frame).

BTW, are you using mesh-mesh CD or sphere-mesh ?

If you're using mesh-mesh, did you try RAPID ? If ColDet runs faster thanks
to OBBs, then RAPID might run even faster (IIRC it was faster than ColDet
overall. But at this point I may want to test those libs again :)

Pierre