[ODE] Contact Constraints: First Order Slip?

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Thu Nov 28 00:46:02 2002

Hi Russ,

What about finding a way to generalize material properties such that
contacts could be generated automatically?  I'd sure enjoy finding a way
to remove the collision callback.  In your opinion is this really such a
difficult problem or is there some way that the intersection of material
properties could be computed reasonably - say as a third party contrib
item?  One would have to be able to say that a surface is ice, or velcro,
or rubber, or gravel and then calculate reasonable mu, slip, soft_cfm,
soft_erp out of the intersection of each pair.  Even if this can't be
automated maybe common intersections could be manually defined by the
community and added or maintained as a contribs lib...?

 - a