[ODE] Robotics simulation

Edgard Oscuro facontidavide at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 12:54:02 2002

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Hi!! I am Davide</P>
<P>&gt;Max Lungarella wrote: </P>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; my plan is to simulate a humanoid robot with a reduced number of degrees of
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; freedom, let's say 10. the simulation would have to be fairly accurate, since
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; i'd like to develop the control architecture in software and use this very
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; architecture for the control of a real robot in a second time step.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;That sounds very much like my project. I'm doing my master's thesis on
<DIV></DIV>&gt;reinforcement learning for balancing a humaoid robot, and I'm looking
<DIV></DIV>&gt;for a simulation environment to test my algorithms with. How has it
<DIV></DIV>&gt;turned out for you? Are you happy with ODE? Is Dymamechs any better?
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It seems that most of us is doing the same!!! As I said before I am going to simulate a humanoid robot as well (that soon we will build in real world). I will be grade to share (pretty soon) my results.</DIV>
<DIV>In this moment we are gonna use simulation to understand how strong motors must be (so that we can buy them!)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>