[ODE] Robotics simulation

Martin Magnusson mama7121 at student.uu.se
Sat Nov 23 05:43:02 2002

Hello everybody. I'm new to this list and thought I'd say hi...

Max Lungarella wrote:
> my plan is to simulate a humanoid robot with a reduced number of degrees of
> freedom, let's say 10. the simulation would have to be fairly accurate, since
> i'd like to develop the control architecture in software and use this very
> architecture for the control of a real robot in a second time step.

That sounds very much like my project. I'm doing my master's thesis on
reinforcement learning for balancing a humaoid robot, and I'm looking
for a simulation environment to test my algorithms with. How has it
turned out for you? Are you happy with ODE? Is Dymamechs any better?

/ Martin Magnusson