[ODE] Step size vs. frame rate + building ODE

Niko Nevatie nnevatie at welho.com
Tue Nov 19 10:31:02 2002

I read in the ODE documentation that "10*0.1 not the same as 5*0.2". So, my
guestion is, can I use frame processing time to scale the step? E.g.:

dWorldStep(dWorldID, 0.05 * scaler);

where scaler is somehow dependent of the frame processing time

BTW, I was able to build ODE with Borland C++ Builder 6.0 Pro (+ CVS
Tricollider & Opcode 1.2).
One thing is still not clear to me: Which one is the newer version of
tricollider - Erwin's base64 patch ('newstuff.gz') or the version in CVS?

I wasn't able to build the contents of 'newstuff.gz', a function in dRay.cpp
used Matrix3 and caused some access violations by accessing element at [3 *
4 + 2] (Matrix3 seems to have 4x3 elements).

--
Niko