[ODE] Tri-Collider ... confused

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Nov 7 13:49:01 2002

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Mattias Fagerlund wrote:

> > The tricollider will be integrated into ODE at some point
> > in the future.
>
> If I recall correctly, the tri-collider requires ODE to be compiled in
> single precision - will this change for the integration, or will tri-
> collider not be available when compiling to double precision?

I am using tri-collider with single-precision ODE right now with good
results.  I tried compiling both with double-precision and although the
build worked I couldn't get it work at run time.

I think the run-time problem was caused by pointer confusion - something
expecting an arry of single-precision values received an array of doubles,
or vice versa.  I really don't think it would take much effort to get it
work with doubles, but at the time this happened the CRCRLF bug in VS.Net
was making some of the tri-collider source files impossible for me to work
with.

FWIW, my app doesn't behave noticably different when built with dSINGLE vs
dDOUBLE.  Juice started out in dDOUBLE mode, but has been released in
dSINGLE mode since I integrated Demeter and the tri collider.  If anyone
noticed the change they haven't mentioned it to me.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA