[ODE] Thesis on Evolving Virtual Creatures

Gene Ruebsamen gene at erachampion.com
Wed Nov 6 22:31:02 2002

Hello Everybody,

Just finished my thesis on evolving intelligent behaviors in embodied
agents.  I've updated my page with new videos and information at:

http://www.erachampion.com/ai/

I am very happy I selected to use ODE as the physics engine, and I
wanted to thank all of you who have offered your input over the past
year.  Now that I have more time, I will try and make further
optimizations and improvements to my work, and hopefully release the
code soon (have to clean it up first!).

For those of you that are not familiar with my work, I have been
evolving locomotive strategies in virtual creatures in a 3D environment.
The creatures try to "survive" by evolving faster and more efficient
means of locomotion.  I am utilizing the ANN/GA paradigm that several of
you have discussed in earlier posts.

Thanks again!

Gene Ruebsamen