[ODE] Suddenly Disappearing ODE Objects

Stefan Werner neo-nb at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 07:01:01 2002

Hello,

I've created a simple car sim with ODE and everything works fine. I can
drive through my landscape and can jump over other objects. But there is
still one problem. If my car doesn't move, then after a few seconds it
completely disappears. I get my position out of

const dReal *pos;
pos = dBodyGetPosition(carbody[0]);

I've also noticed, that when my car disappears, "pos" is not a number
anymore, it contains a string: "QNAN". I programm with MS VC++ .Net.

What does this mean? Does anyone knows this problem? I can't explain it
because everything works fine when my car moves around, it happens only when
the car doesn't move.

I hope someone can help me.

Karl Koch