[ODE] bending wheels again?

Nicola Di Leva n_di_leva at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 05:49:02 2002

Hi everybody,
done enough RDTL, so don't complain about the overused topic;)
Just to be original, I've started my own car simulator using ODE,
stealing code..ehm, taking inspiration from the freefall buggy demo ( very
stable and smooth indeed ).
When it's just a matter of going back and forth, the car behaves quite
well, but as soon as it starts turning, the wheels progressively lose their
alignment with the relative joint axes.
this is not the case ( i won't list the details of
the simulation since they are the same of the freefall buggy demo ).
I've read something about problems using directx with ODE too, can someone
tell me more?

ps. ODE is great, keep up the good work Russ!

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!