[ODE] CVS is Scary

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Nov 4 13:18:01 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Ed Jones wrote:

> Not having used CVS before I've tried to get the latest version of
> everything using WinCVS and it seems to have worked.

I was using WinCVS myself until a couple weeks ago when someone suggested
I try this instead:

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

It's MUCH more user-friendly.  WinCVS GUI just made me want to learn the
command line syntax so I wouldn't have to be confronted with all those
cryptic buttons. :-)

Tortoise is probably not as powerful, but all I need is to stay current
with ODE and one other project I'm peripherally involved with, so I'm
happy with it.  It's also implemented as a shell extension, which is kind
of neat.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA